Hello and welcome, or more appropriately in Jawaese; M’um m’aloo!
When it comes to Star Wars and the different creatures and species of the galaxy far, far away; Jawas are one of the most mysterious, curiosity-arousing and secretive of all the races in the universe.
These rodent-like natives to the desert planet of Tatooine certainly hold a surprising amount of mystery and there is no question bigger than “What do Jawas look like under the hood?” but once you start digging, that’s not the only unknown part of their culture.
With this article, however, it seemed worthwhile to dig into 7 Jawa facts every Star Wars fan should know, and if you didn’t already, here’s 7 quick-fire facts that you can use to show off your deeper knowledge of Jawas, Star Wars and the mysteries of the universe…
- No one knows what Jawas look like without robes
- Jawas use scent as part of their communication
- Each year there is a gathering of the Jawa clans
- Sandcrawlers are not made by Jawas, they are scavenged vehicles
- Jawas live mostly in desert fortresses, not in Sandcrawlers
- “Utinni” is an exclamation of surprise
- Jawas rarely carry any weapons