Why illustrate a recipe?
Illustrated recipes have managed to become a staple of both the culinary and illustration worlds, not only providing a platform for creatives with a passion for food and drawing, but also offering a limitless source of creative inspiration for artists and writers alike, and while we mention it, chefs too.
In this article we’ll examine some creative uses for illustrated recipes outside of finding inspiration, how we can use Pinterest to find inspiration, walk through an 8 step process for illustrating a recipe, dig into how illustrated recipes can be used by writers to overcome a writer’s block and finally I’ll be giving away my long-coveted Tiramisu recipe in the form of a free download of my illustrated recipe made for this article.
- Creative uses for illustrated recipes
- Using Pinterest as an illustrated cookbook of inspiration
- 8 Steps for illustrating a recipe worth eating
- How writers can use illustrated recipes to find creative inspiration
- The Chef JGlover Tiramisu illustrated recipe [Free Download]
- Where to find more creative inspiration